[pure-silver] Re: old film

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 08:20:39 +0200

Shannon Stoney a écrit :
Hi, I have a couple of boxes of old film. One box is dated 12/2005 and the other 03/2006. It is 4x5 sheet film. It has not been refrigerated all of that time; most of the time it was in a cabinet, but in the air conditioning.

What happens to film as it ages? Does it get more sensitive, or less? Or anything?

--shannon
Hi Shannon !
I'm experimenting with a given bow of Agfapan 400 in 4x5 expired in ....1974 ! The film has been stored in unknown condition, but has been refrigerated the last 2 years. It is fogged (base density 0.47 minimum), has lost contrast (I can't go above 1.0 density) It appears grainy but I can't compare with negative processed at fresh date so I can't comment on this. Of course, my film is way older than yours, so you may have luck if it has not been sitting into the trunk of a black car in full sun !
Try to expose one or two sheets and process them ! It's fun !
Have a nice day
--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
S'il vous plaît, aidez nous à conserver nos ressources,