[pure-silver] Re: loading med format steel reels

  • From: Lloyd Erlick <lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 17:10:24 -0400

At 04:38 PM 9/2/2006 , Frank Filippone wrote:

>Get Hewes Reels.  They are straight and a bit costly but worth it.  JOBO
also has Hewes reels.  They are SS, but thicker gauge.  I
>am told that King Concepts is the same reel, but I am not sure.
>
>You will find it significantly easier to load than most brands.
>
>Frank Filippone
>red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

September 2, 2006, from Lloyd Erlick,

I have purchased stainless steel reels in the past that were sold under the
name "King Concept". The reels themselves are marked Hewes.

In fact, the heavier gauge steel mentioned above is clearly indented with
the words Hewes UK. Crushed right into the metal, no mistaking it. They do
load like a dream. I used to use some 70 mm ones, and they simply made
things possible. Never, ever to be lent out to other so-called people,
whose only purpose in life is to bend finely crafted metal ... never, ever
to be dropped, either!

regards,
--le