[pure-silver] Re: lids for film processing canisters leaking

> I've been using those tall thin metal canisters for processing 120
> film. I had two lids, one for each canister, and they fit perfectly
> last spring.  Now all of a sudden, they leak like crazy when I invert
> the canisters to agitate.  Do these things just wear out after a
> while?  I ordered some more from B and H.  Is there a better tool for
> processing 120 film?
>
> --shannon

If they are the black plastic ones with knurled edge, they are subject, with
time, to developing semi-circular cracks in the top surface which are
somewhat difficult to see. These cracks will open up enough to leak fluids
(and sometimes light!) when forced onto the can.  Could this be it?

I throw away lids that are more than a few years old on general principles
and restock new ones (fairly cheap) from B&H.

JB