[pure-silver] Re: holga focus - and green goo

  • From: Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 06:45:59 -0800 (PST)

Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Blackwell"

Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 8:48 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: holga focus - and green goo

> Well truth be known I was using both.  I put the charcoal
> lighter fluid on the coals, came in and got my trusty
> Zippo to light it with.  Realizing it was empty, I filled
> it an then took it out to light my charcoal.  I had
> spilled just enough for it to light on both the side of
> the lighter and what was left of it on my hands.  Thing is
> when your brain goes in park, you better watch it.  It
> wasn't much, but it didn't take much either LOL.
>
> The point was the stuff really lights off easy and burns
> hot so just watch what you use it around with your brain
> in any gear but park LOL
>
> "Nicholas O. Lindan"  wrote: "Mark
> Blackwell"
>
>> lighter fluid ... charcoal grill.

    I don't know what is in bar-b-que charcoal lighter.
Coleman lamp fuel appears to be mostly naphtha but may have
other stuff in it. Naphtha is related to gasoline and should
be handled accordingly. Do NOT use it in a Kerosine lantern!

---

Richard you have me curious now.  The charcoal lighter fluid bottle didn't say
what kind of petroleum it used in it.  Its no where near Coleman fuel.  We used
to refer to it as white gas, which I believe is what largely is.  May have some
other additives, but IIRC from my youth its been purified to get a lot of the
impurities out of it that would clog up the lantern and other camping equipment
parts.  Though there were a few makes that said you could use auto gas in them,
when I did they always seemed to cause problems.

There are good reasons they call them Kerosene lanterns.  Even I haven't tried
that lol.

http://mail.yahoo.com