[pure-silver] Re: holga focus

  • From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 12:49:45 -0500

On 05/11/2007, Shannon Stoney <shannonstoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, I have a friend who is doing an interesting project in Mexico with
> kids and Holga cameras.  He says that they shot 150 rolls in October,
> but the focus is blurry past about 15 feet, even when the Holga is
> focused on infinity. I have never noticed this before, although it
> could be true.  Is this a "problem" with the Holga?  The shooters did
> change the focus to infinity when they were shooting distant objects.

   So all the Holgas did this or only a few ?

   As Jim said, the cool thing about Holgas is that you have no idea as to
what you will get. I know of a woman who went out and bough 100 Holgas and
shot film in all of them until she found one that gave her exactly what she
wanted and shot with that camera for years until it finally fell apart.

   By "blurry" do you mean completely out of focus or very, very soft ?

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shampoo.ca