[pure-silver] Re: holga focus

On 05/11/2007, B P <peeperphotos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hmmm... "a real camera"? I just took some photos with my, new to me,
> holga, a few days ago. Today I printed three of the image that I got from
> the, "toy", and wow, I really like what I got!! I'll scan them and post a
> link, later. I really, really like the images that I got. It's the first
> time that I've ever used a holga. It's the first roll of film from the holga
> and the first time that I've photographed this type of subject. I think I
> have an image that I'll enter in an upcoming show called, Figuratively
> Speaking. Doing a happy dance with my holga held up over my head, singing...
> I like my pretty little holga! :)

    A gentlemen I raced with suffered from depression and recently took his
own life. At the wake, on the table beside his urn was a photo of this
particular gentlemen. I had taken the photo with a Holga and was rather
taken aback to see it beside the urn.

    The daughter of the deceased came to me after and asked if she could
have more copies of the photo because she felt it really captured the
essence of her father.

     My first reaction was "bbuttt... it was taken with a plastic
camera!!".. But I bit my lip and will produce the prints for her.

    Having said that though, I think Jim's right.. It's not a "real" camera.
But you can do pretty cool things with it.

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shampoo.ca