[pure-silver] Re: fluff

  • From: Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 09:44:11 -0600

On acquiring used holders (I had a new one once;-)), I blow them out with a high pressure air hose paying special attention to the light traps. It is amazing what will come out of there! Next I damp cloth wipe them to get the fine caked on stuff off and then, when dry, they are totally wiped down with an Ilford Antistaticum cloth and bagged for loading. Fine dust in the field can be a problem out here in the desert southwest but this process seems to eliminate the worst offenders.
Chauncey