[pure-silver] Re: fluff

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 19:57:17 +0200

Shannon Stoney a écrit :
Is there any way to fix the effects of a little piece of fluff landing on the negative during exposure, after the fact? On the print it shows up as a sort of C-shaped thin black mark, about the size of the C in this email, or maybe a tiny bit larger, on a print 11x14. On the 4x5 negative, obviously, it's much smaller. I dare not try to fix the negative with spotone, as I've messed up negatives badly this way. Can I bleach away the C on the print?

Also, I vacuum and dust the holders out carefully, but this still happens. Yesterday I dusted my camera out thoroughly, and I"m going to vacuum it too with a little portable vacuum. How often does one have to do this to avoid this sort of thing?!?

--shannon
Hi Shannon !
Art supply stores sell felt pens (sharpie ? in USA) in red inactinic color. They're sold in different thickness ranging from ultra large to microscopic. I had success patching a processing scratch ON THE BACK of the negative using one of this pen. DO NOT use them on the emulsion side because ink will deeply penetrate the emulsion and become un cleanable... Been there done that. LAst but not least, you may render the print white using iodine (search this list it has been discussed many times) so you will be able to get the prints back.
Hope this helps
--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
S'il vous plaît, aidez nous à conserver nos ressources,