[pure-silver] Re: filters for view cameras

  • From: "Hagner, Andrew" <Andrew_Hagner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:08:22 -0400

Shannon:

Fred Picker once suggested mounting 3"x3" or 4"x4" gel or polyester
filters in a cardboard frame and holding them in front of the lens at
the time of exposure.  That is what I do.  It is simple in use,
relatively inexpensive, and does not affect picture quality as the
filters are very thin.  The mounted filters I store in a stiff cardboard
folder and that keeps them clean.  Minor dust can be simply blown off.

Cheers,  - Andrew.