[pure-silver] Re: enlarging lenses

  • From: Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:33:00 -0700

Shannon Stoney wrote:

> I am looking at some enlarging lenses for 8x10 negatives.  They are used 240mm
> lenses.  Both are Schneider lenses, but one is a Componon-S and one
> is just plain Componon. What is the difference (besides $300)?

The S version is newer and in the several focal lengths I have tested
has come off a little better than tne non-S. But, at any reasonable
enlargement of 8x10 I would imagine it would be hard to tell the
difference. I just looked at the auction site and a 300 went for $99 and
a 210 for $36. These aren't in high demand and a little patience should
get you either for less than $200.
Chauncey