[pure-silver] Re: duplicate info

Marc, put the camera (film plane) and picture perfectly parallel
to one another.
I'd use diffused lighting as not to get reflections and make 5
or 6 different exposures.  I'd try using the lens that would
cover the whole area with reasonable distance.  Also try working
not at wide open.

A yellow filter may help to bring contrast up, spececially if
the picture looks yellow.

Reflections from glass (if you use it) maybe your worst enemy.
A polarizer may help reducing reflections from the glass.

As for film, any fine grain film will work.  Tmax 100 is
perfectly fine.

IMHO you'll lose some information by having a 2nd generation
copy, but it may surprise your friend's grandfather to have
another one made.