[pure-silver] Re: drips on roll film

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:17:01 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Starr" <davestarr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 3:12 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: drips on roll film

Shannon Stoney <shannonstoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: I used to not use photoflo, but then I had streaks from NOT using it, so I went back to it. But I didn't try the distilled water trick. What if you just rinse the negatives in distilled water after washing?

--shannon

That would probably work as long as you change the distilled water after each rinse. I use a 1qt trigger type spray bottle I got at Home Depot. With the film hanging up, I start spraying at the top & work my way down, about 10-12 pumps of the trigger. Then I turn the film and spray the other side the same way.

I mix up a fresh bath each time. If I have a multiple roll tank or several sheets I do all at once but do not save and re-use the solution.
   If the spray works there is no arguing with that:-)

---