[pure-silver] Re: donut solution; enlarger lens problem

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 08:54:17 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nick Zentena" <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 8:33 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: donut solution; enlarger lens problem

On Friday 11 May 2007 11:30, Shannon Stoney wrote:
This one is flat. The one I use for the 135mm enlarging lens is a recessed cone. I was told by the Devere people that I had to have the flat lens board for the 300 mm lens. But maybe they were wrong. I will try your suggestions when I get back to Houston. Maybe the lens would work with the recessed cone lens board; however, I have a feeling that
the hole won't fit both lenses.  The 300mm lens is huge.

This enlarger (the Devere 108) has a diffusion head.

Take out the tape measure. With the bellows fully extended it sound be 300mm or more to the negative stage. I think that's right. More is better. Off the top of my head to do a 1:1 it's 600mm? So some thing in between is what you
are looking for.

Unless you can't compress the bellows to 300mm you shouldn't need the
recessed board.

Of course maybe I'm remembering the formulas wrong -)

Nick

You are correct. The distance from film to lens at 1:1 (unity magnification) is double that for infinity focus.

---