[pure-silver] Re: don't blow that computer

  • From: "Pyro Soup" <pyrosoup@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:28:13 -0500

All drugs and the materials used to manufacture them should simply be legal.
People should be responsible for their own choices, their own education,
their own stupidity, and for policing their children as well.  It's no one
else's job, certainly not the government's job, to do this.

Just to keep it on topic, I'll make the obvious connection to photography.
You cannot buy concentrated sulfuric acid, such as that called for in Kodak
R-9 reversal bleach and similar bleaches, in the US without a license from
the DEA.  Why should the Drug Enforcement Agency care whether or not a
photographer buys concentrated sulfuric acid?  Why should the DEA care if
you use it incorrectly and kill yourself with it?  They likely couldn't care
less.  Sure, there are things you can substitute for concentrated sulfuric
acid in the bleach formula (e.g., automotive battery acid), but that is not
the point. DEA permission is required because concentrated sulfuric acid is
used in the manufacture of methamphetamines.  Everyone is affected because
the government assumes the role of guardian and parent of us all, whether we
like it and desire it or not.

Skip.