[pure-silver] Re: developing colour film in D-76

 I did this about 1.5 years ago.  Just for kicks I took a roll of film (Gold
200 I think) shot
a bunch of stuff I reallly did not care about, and then processed in B&W
Chemicals.

I used Xtol and processed the film just like Tri X. That seemed like a good
starting point.

I got negatives that I could print, but...

The color mask and overall contrast range made it necessary to print on grade 4
or higher
paper.  Exposures were LOOOOOONNNG!

I thought that if I were to develop at 100deg instead of 68 that there woudl
likely be an effect,
I also thought that effective development should be a bit longer than what I
had done.
I also thought the whole exercise was probably not worht pursuing given the
limited amount
of free time at my disposal...

I am confident that if I had no choice but to develop in this manner that I
could get printable images
but that it was not worth the pain!

Speedy

Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 07:09:48 -0800
From: gerald.koch@xxxxxxx
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: developing colour film in D-76
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The problem with doing this is two-fold.  Since color film contains less silver
than BW film the negatives will be thin and may lack contrast.  Then the orange
mask causes 2 problems.  First it increases the time needed to produce a print
since it acts like a ND filter.  Second it can cause problems with VC papers.

I would suggest using it as color film.  Try a roll if it isn't good then just
chuck the remaining rolls.

Jerry