[pure-silver] Re: Worlds Fastest Camera Defies Gravity...

  • From: johnfrost <johnfrost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 15:08:05 -0700

 The electrolite tends to dry out also. I tend to think of them as a battery
(cell), as they have the same basic characteristics.
john (:>))) and yes, a cool dry storage area is best for the capacitors
too....

Peter Badcock wrote: On 6/6/05, Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[1]
wrote: Electrolytic caps are notorously unreliable. The voltage rating of
thecapacitor will stay at its rated value only so long as the capacitor is
used. I never realised this ! I knew they sometimes leak and usually only
last 20 to 30 years or so, but I had no idea of the likely mechanism or how
to potentially avert it. I have some old power amps with hundreds of 1000's
of micro farads of caps in total in them, maybe I should just turn them on
every now and again to help stave of self destruction.... regards Peter
Badcock