[pure-silver] Re: Wollensack Vitax lens? Which way is up-)

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 09:10:02 -0400

On Friday 18 May 2007 22:11, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>        I wish I had access to a full set of Kodak
> catalogues, that would have the answer to what was what with
> the various numbers.

        I can't find Kodak anyplace on the camera or stand. I guess that dates
it to
before the Kodak purchase of Century? The seller wasn't joking when he said
it was 100 years old.

> lensboard. Agfa/Ansco made two cameras to compete, the
> Universal View, available as an 8x10 and 5x7 camera (and
> also a deluxe 4x5, the 5x7 with a factory reducing back),

        My two Anscos are Universals 8x10 and 5x7. The Ansco really were good
value
when I picked them up a few years back. I hear the price may have gone up
lately. I was glancing at Ebay for an 8x10 back and some of the sellers
almost want more for a back then I paid for a whole camera and holders.

Nick