[pure-silver] Re: Why does B&W Film Scan so poorly

  • From: "Beth Rogers" <brogers966@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:09:09 -0500

I have to say that I love the way B&W negs look scanned.  Its not the same
at all as a desaturated color image.  For scanning techniques here are 2 web
sites I found helpful:
http://www.shutterbug.net/features/0902sb_bw/
http://www.scantips.com/

I also learned things from Dan Burkholder's book:
 http://www.danburkholder.com/Pages/main_pages/page1_main.htm

And Barry Thornton's book 'Elements of Transition'

The workflow process in Photoshop is also important and then there is
printing ...