[pure-silver] Re: What happens when XTOL dies

  • From: Peter De Smidt <pdesmidt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:41:24 -0800

Justin F. Knotzke wrote:

I just souped my TMAX 3200 in XTOL 1+1 for 18.5 mins at 20c and they are horribly thin.. to the point that I can barely see any images.

Either I exposed completely wrong, or my XTOL is dead. What happens to XTOL when it dies?

Major pisser too since the band was hoping to use those images for an CD backing.

Well, you see what happens when Xtol dies. It doesn't turn yellow, but rather it barely develops film. I recommend testing with a film leader before development if the Xtol is more than a few months old, or if it was stored in a questionable manner. I'm sorry to hear about your problem. A similar thing happened recently to me using PC-TEA.