[pure-silver] Re: Warmtone prints revisited

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:51:10 -0400 (EDT)

From: "Ben R. McRee" <ben.mcree@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Warmtone prints revisited
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:45:12 -0400

> [...] (I'm told that stronger selenium solutions lead to increased
> rather than decreased warmth, but I have not tried this.)  It
> bleaches very quickly and, as Tim Rudman points out in his Toning
> book, loses considerable shadow density in the process.  I have
> tried bleaching and sepia toning and did not like the result.

If you prefer warm hue, polysulfide based brown toner is a must try.
I prefer it to any other form of brown toner in terms of image
quality, and it provides much more consistent and robust archival
protection to the image silver than selenium.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."