[pure-silver] Re: VC printing equipment Was: Replacement for Bromofort paper;

  • From: XRadar@xxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 07:03:31 EDT

In a message dated 9/18/04 9:23:40 AM Central Daylight Time,
jrstewart@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I have a 4x5 D2 with cold lite head as my main enlarger.. standard light
> source (i.e., not the VC). Would it be a major investment to equip myself
> with the gear to use VC?

When I started using VC I switched my cold lights to the newer V54 tube.
About $100 for 4x5.  May or may not really be needed.  But I was starting a new
thing and didn't want to have to redo anything if I eventually replaced the
tube.  And what I was reading in the photo mags leaned to using the V54 for VC.
Chuck