From: pure-silver-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pure-silver-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter De Smidt
Sent: 23 June 2005 07:35
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pure-silver] Thiocarbamide Toner

Does using a bleach and redevelopment in a sepia thiocarbamide toner effect
print longevity? I'm asking because I had a co-worker over to my darkroom
today.  Years ago she worked on her college paper, and she enjoyed bw
printing.  But after college, with work, kids, divorce... she hadn't done
anything for years. Recently, though, she found out that I had a darkroom,
and she wanted to make some prints. Well, we did.  As the prints were
washing, she said, "Oh, I want that one to be sepia." Oh boy. I hadn't done
any sepia toning for years, but I still had a bottle of thiocarbimide stock
solution from at least 8 years ago. Surprisingly, It worked perfectly. It
was a lot of fun, and  I'm thinking about using it more often. It gave a
very nice chocolate brown. We ended up toning quite a few prints.

-Peter