[pure-silver] Thiocarbamide Toner

Does using a bleach and redevelopment in a sepia thiocarbamide toner effect print longevity? I'm asking because I had a co-worker over to my darkroom today. Years ago she worked on her college paper, and she enjoyed bw printing. But after college, with work, kids, divorce... she hadn't done anything for years. Recently, though, she found out that I had a darkroom, and she wanted to make some prints. Well, we did. As the prints were washing, she said, "Oh, I want that one to be sepia." Oh boy. I hadn't done any sepia toning for years, but I still had a bottle of thiocarbimide stock solution from at least 8 years ago. Surprisingly, It worked perfectly. It was a lot of fun, and I'm thinking about using it more often. It gave a very nice chocolate brown. We ended up toning quite a few prints.

-Peter