[pure-silver] The Oriental Rumor

  • From: Ray Rogers <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:06:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Tim,

> Do a test with Oriental
> GF and see how dissimilar it is to Oriental papers
> and how close to Ilford.

Is the claim being made just for this one paper?

There is a kind of underground common knowledge that
some manufactures dump their odd length, out of spec
material on the market under a different label.

It is not totally inconceivable that some bad ILFORD
was not relabeled....

(Making my own emulsions for many years now, I haven't
examined recent materials...)

Is it possible you could double check with this
person, (You're not talking about a certain author are
you?) and see if you could find out what the basis for
his claim is?

Perhaps we should take this off list untill the facts
are known. It just isn't fair to Ilford nor Oriental,
scusi, Cybergraphics.

Ray
Oh, I see your last post... thanks.