[pure-silver] Re: The Oriental Rumor

  • From: "Edward C. Zimmermann" <edz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:35:09 +0200

Quoting Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Oriental paper there when shopping a couple of weeks ago. It seems to me the
> labels stated it was made in Japan. I don't think its rebranded paper.
> Freestyle still has a fair variety of papers.

"Made in XYZ" does not mean that the product was made from start to finish at
a factory in XYZ.

This is a common gray area.

Oriental can import a jumbo from the UK into Japan, have it cut and packaged
into boxes with "Made in Japan"..... The box and the cut paper, afterall, would
indeed have been made in Japan.

Loads of examples are possible.

An English photographic paper could just as well use paper stocks from a
mill in Germany. English? German? The coated paper (or film) could have
traveled to a company in Germany where it went into boxes? Made in England?
Made in Germany?

Made in Japan?

Edward C. Zimmermann, Basis Systeme netzwerk, Munich
Office Leo (R&D):
   Leopoldstrasse 53-55, D-80802 Munich,
   Federal Republic of Germany
http://www.nonmonotonic.net