[pure-silver] Re: The Oriental Rumor

  • From: "Tim Rudman" <ps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:44:07 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: pure-silver-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pure-silver-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ray Rogers
Sent: 22 June 2005 06:06
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pure-silver] The Oriental Rumor

snip
There is a kind of underground common knowledge that some manufactures dump
their odd length, out of spec material on the market under a different
label.

It is not totally inconceivable that some bad ILFORD was not relabeled....

snip
Is it possible you could double check with this person, (You're not talking
about a certain author are
you?) and see if you could find out what the basis for his claim is?

Ray
Oh, I see your last post... thanks.
_____________________________

As has been stated before by others here, it is not uncommon practice to
make material for other companies Ray. I don't mean "dumping old stuff". I
have seen stacks of papers in a production plant boxed up in another
companies livery awaiting dispatch. It's not particularly unusual, so I was
not unduly surprised when I was told this (not it wasn't an author) - but
you are right to be cynical [but don't be naive ;-)] because, as you rightly
say, false rumours are also common and this could indeed be one of them,
despite its source - which personally  I would trust.
Tim
http://www.worldbookoflithprinting.com