[pure-silver] Re: TMax 100 - developing info discrepancies

  • From: Jon Mided <photosource@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:36:47 -0400

The time we publish in the Massive Dev Chart is from Kodak publication f4016 and is also printed inside the box of TMax 100. This is the time for the current version of TMax 100 and differs slightly from the older time.

We still have the times for the older versions of Kodak films listed in the chart. To find them select "Unlisted Data" from the left hand text menu, and then scroll down to see the link for TMax 100 under "Discontinued Film"

Although Kodak revised many of their development times when the films were updated a few years ago, independent testing, most notably that published by Dick Dickerson and Silvia Zawadzki in the March/April issue of Photo Techniques, suggests that there are no appreciable differences in the new and old emulsions in terms of development times.

--Jon Mided

Digitaltruth Photo
http://www.digitaltruth.com