[pure-silver] Re: Sink Project update

  • From: "Robert Hall" <robert.g.hall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:57:38 -0700

Mark,

As you might see in the 7th image here http://roberthall.com/newdr/

I have 2 GFI outlets. I cut them into the back board and sealed them with
silicone. They have worked quite well.

My sink is 36 at the bottom with 7 inches on the sides. I like it that way
so that I can lean a little on the sink edge.

I have a about a 1 inch per 8 feet of a tilt on the sink. I found it still
needs a little push to get all the water out near the bottom. The 2 inch
overall lift on 16' has little effect on trays and water level.

Send pics when done!

Robert

On 2/23/07, Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No problem but I want to get it installed before I do that. The
construction phase is finished.  The primer is drying now and paint and
sealer should be on this afternoon.  The plumbing also likely will be done
today, but then again its plumbing. lol

*Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>* wrote:

Hi, Since a picture is worth the proverbial thousand words, after all we
are photographers and not word smiths, then perhaps, if you have access
to a digital camera, a couple of pictures would be nice.

Cheers,
Bogdan

Mark Blackwell wrote:
> Well I thought Id pass along an update on the construction for what its
> worth to those out there and as a thanks to those that have helped.
>
> First the sink is physically complete now as far as actual construction.

> Some basic decisions I made. First is rather than to attempt a slant
> for drainage, which I could have done, some thought made me think that
> being level would likely have more advantages than the downside of
> having to push the water to the drain once a session. If it really gets
> to be a problem, just a couple of thin wooden spacers type things under
> one leg should put the slope in the system should I need it.
>
> Second is I decided on a height that put the bottom of the sink at my
> arms extended level. No stooping needed. Its about 8 inches deep, but
> it actually ended up with the top being right at my navel which seemed
> just right for me. Once built, I felt no need for a wider rail for
> comfort, at least not yet. Again that option is still open, but I don't
> anticipate that need.
>
> There is room underneath with two stretchers to support a homemade
> papersafe that I made a long time ago. It should fit right under there
> and some storage should be available on the floor underneath it.
>
> So far everything seems to fit. One thing I am going to have to address
> is an electrical outlet that is now behind the sink. At first I thought
> it was on a GFI circuit being close to the washer, but I haven't been
> able to confirm that by either popping the GFI breakers in the main
> breaker box or using the test switches on the other GFI sockets in the
> house. That will get changed out for safety, though I am not sure if
> the outlet will really have functional value unless its moved. Its
> still just too close to water for my comfort with safety as a concern.
> It might be the wife and not me that gets shocked. Either way I am in
> BIG trouble. lol
>
> One feature I did add for a couple of reasons. There was no more room
> to make it bigger, but I only had room in it for 2 16x20 trays. That is
> a problem. To get around that I cut a few pieces of wood the width of
> the sink. Underneath I put cleats so they would fit just inside the
> sink sides and keep the wood from sliding off the rim of the sink.
> These are about 3 inches wide and remind me of the slats in an older
> bed. Trays not can be placed on them for an over and under
> arrangement. Developer over stop, fix over wash. There is a bit of
> space that they can be far enough apart to make slipping them from top
> to bottom as easy as possible. Not ideal, but I had no better one for
> the space available. Put together it can be used as a section of solid
> workspace.
>
> Will be primed, painted and sealed tomorrow as well as the plumbing. I
> chose to make a 3 valve system with only one spot for a hose. One valve
> for hot, one cold to adjust temp, and a third after its mixed at a tee
> [...]

Bogdan Karasek
Montréal, Québec e-mail: bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Canada

"I photograph my reality"

Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your
question on Yahoo!
Answers<http://answers.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOARfcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx>.

--
Robert Hall