[pure-silver] Re: Selenium toning inconsistancy

  • From: Dennis P <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:50:53 -0700

On Jul 20, 2010, at 1:52 PM, Richard Knoppow wrote:

I think 54D is identical to Kodak D-52 and very similar to the old Selectol. You can also try varying the bromide in both developers, additional bromide will cause the tone to become warmer and may help get the effect you want.

I see you are right. I always think of Selectol as Selectol Soft. All I need to do to change 54D into warm tone D52 is cut the sodium carbonate by about 2/3s and increase the potassium bromide by about triple. Coincidentally that is about exactly what I do when mixing a WT developer.
thanks
Dennis