[pure-silver] Re: Selenium toning inconsistancy

  • From: daniel <daniel.bouzard@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 09:03:34 +0200

Hello,

I usually used for subbtle tonings a very diluted combination of Viradon ( "new") and sélénium with sodium hydroxyde as base. I have found that sodium carbonate is not an enough strong base and cause staining in some case. The print is put in the diluted solution for 1 or several minutes and then washed with running hot water at 40-45°C. This can be repeated until the wanted effect. Doing this it is possible to get subtle colour in the hight lights and increased contrast in the blacks. It is more pronounced with warm papers.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis P" <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>