[pure-silver] Re: Scanning b&w negatives vs. making contacts

  • From: Ken Kaiser <kenneth.kaiser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 19:55:39 -0500

I scan the BW negatives along with a Stouffer step wedge.
Then I put the scan into ImageJ.
This allows me to read absolute density for developer modification.
I also read relative densities for choice of paper contrast grade.
ImageJ is a free download from NIH. It is a technical image analysis
program used by medical people for reading xrays, ct scans, mri data, etc.

Ken