[pure-silver] Re: Rubber Floor Mats

  • From: "Peter Badcock" <forums@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:59:51 +1100

>    I think you are going to have to get new mats made of
> some other material. I've had experience with mats of the
> type you have. The smell takes _years_ to go away and
> never  completely leaves.

Adrienne if this is the case, and you need to purchase a
different kind of rubber, could I suggest nitrile rubber.
It has no (strong) characteristic odour that I could tell,
and is more chemically resistant to acid spills when
compared to other common synthetic or natural rubbers (an
exception to this is for sulphuric acid).

I purchased approx. a 3m x 1.5m roll at my local rubber
store (Clark Rubber in OZ). It came in mats or wide rolls.
The one I got was a 'closed cell' type of construction which
has tiny air/gas bubbles in it to make it spongy and more
comfortable to stand on.  In this case the mechanical
durability is less than for a solid nitrile rubber
construction.

It is usually a bit more expensive but it definitely won't
suffer if you spill some glacial acetic acid on it!

regards
Peter Badcock