[pure-silver] Re: Refrigerate film?

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 00:16:02 -0400

Hi,

I had experience with frozen Kodak High Speed IR film (2x150 ft. rolls my Swiss neighbour donated to me) that had an expiry date of 1985. Was frozen the whole time. Shot some this summer and added, as a precaution, some 0.2% benzotriazole. That took care of the fog and a slight .5 increase in exposure and the negs are great. Of course this is IR film. Your mileage may vary if it is in colour.

Sperm banks keep donor sperm frozen to be used in donor artificial insemination. And it works, most of the time. ;)

Freezing Good!  ;)

Ciao,
Bogdan

BOB KISS wrote:

I have kept film frozen and used it a decade later with only a slight increase in fog and slight loss of speed.
                        CHEERS!

                                    BOB