[pure-silver] Q FOR THE OPTICAL GENIUSES

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:43:17 -0400

DEAR LIST,
        This is for those who REALLY know their optics.
        I have a 210 mm Goertz gold dot Dagor and a 210 mm Schneider Apo
lens.  I want to do some EXTREME close up photos of dried leaves, seeds, et
alia, on 8X10 to make contact PT/PD (see it IS on topic).  I know that both
of these lenses will cover the 8X10 format at this bellows extension and I
am using this focal length to keep from having to stretch my bellow as much
as I would with a longer focal length lens.
**********NOW MY QUESTION: Which of these two lenses would give me better
results in terms of detail and contrast at this magnification (between 5X
and 10X)?
                        CHEERS!
                                BOB

 Please check my website: http://www.bobkiss.com/

"Live as if you are going to die tomorrow.  Learn as if you are going to
live forever".  Mahatma Gandhi