[pure-silver] Re: Purosol Optical Lens Cleaning Fluid

I'm under the impression that the Zeiss cleaner is just pure alcohol
(Isopropanol)--- the same stuff that Ralph found Nikon to be using.
I get my IPA from Kremer Pigments in Munich at a cost of 4,25 EURO  (plus
Tax) for a 1 litre can.

I don't use, however, just pure IPA but often dilute it with (deionized
or "distilled") water and add a drop of wetting agent (Agfa Agepon).

I also don't generally use a leather chamois. I typically use a piece of a
microfiber rag. I learned in my cine days to clean with Kodak tissues but
after some trouble getting them I broke down and tried a Leica branded
cloth to call in the new common Millenia and must say that modern synthetic
lens schmatas really do work better. In their use I'd even go as far as to
suggest that the risk (NOT the fear) of contamination damage is minimal and
the risk of damage from mis-use significantly lower...

--
Edward C. Zimmermann, Basis Systeme netzwerk, Munich
http://www.nonmonotonic.net