[pure-silver] Re: Pure Black and Golden.

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Peter Badcock wrote:

> >http://www.freelists.org/archives/pure-silver/01-2005/msg00666.html
> >http://www.freelists.org/archives/pure-silver/01-2005/msg00688.html
>
> I don't seem to have had any suggestions for solving my
> problem so I might post it to another online forum.  Can
> anyone recommend one to try?

I read your question. However, I think the largest part of the problem is
your underexposure. A Delta 400 has only about 250 "real" ASA. An exposure
with 800 ASA gives a main exposure (Zone V) of only about 2 1/2 stops over
clear film, and this could very well be your problem. You are trying to
capure fine detail in a black dog, and you don't have much "flesh" in the
density curve to do this.

I would try this again, exposing the Delta 400 with 200 ASA and reducing
development about 20%.

Gr=FC=DFe aus Hohenlohe,

=09Martin Jangowski

| Martin Jangowski                         E-Mail: Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx|
|                        Netzwerke und Multimedia                     |
| Voice: +49 7946/940790                         Fax: +49 7946/940791 |
| Snail Mail: Von-Olnhausen Str. 4            74626 Bretzfeld Germany |