[pure-silver] Re: Pure Black and Golden.

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:13:10 +0100

On 2/3/05 5:47 AM, "Peter Badcock" <forums@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is where my logic came undone!  Instead of relating dev
> time to the weather conditions, I wouldn't have made this
> error if perhaps WBM had related it to the SBR instead...
> Oh well, nothing like learning from one's own experience :)

The overall SBR of a landscape scene changes with lighting conditions.
Therefore, ?weather¹ conditions and SBR are linked. On a bright sunny day,
you end up with areas directly hit by sunlight, where other areas are in
deep shadow. The SBR is huge in that case. On a gloomy day, everything I the
scene is illuminated by the gigantic soft box, otherwise known as ?sky¹. The
bright areas get less light and the shadows get more. The SBR is relatively
small in that case.

However, you are right with your example of the two dogs. If the black dog
is placed on Zone III and the lighter dog falls on Zone VII, this will not
change from sunny to gloomy day, unless... the brighter dog is in sunlight
on the sunny day. The classic example is always bride and groom. Get them
out of the sunlight into a shaded area.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht