[pure-silver] Re: Pressure Adjustment on Seal 160M

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 15:36:12 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Adrienne Moumin" <photowonder2010@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2007 2:25 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Pressure Adjustment on Seal 160M

I found this very straightforward-seeming instruction sheet here:

http://www.forframersonly.com/pdf/PRESSURE_ADJUST_FOR_MECH.pdf

and I am wondering whether anyone has done this, and has any additional advice to offer.

I think my pressure is a bit tight, I use 5 sheets of matboard to flatten 4 prints at a time. I close it without locking it, and even still I think the prints are picking up a very slight impression from the boards.

Thanks in advance for an insights!

-Adrienne Moumin

An addition. Dry out the Kraft paper and matt board before flattening prints. Just put the stuff in the press, with it closed but not locked, for two or three minutes. The release tissue does not absorb moisture so it does not need pre-drying. The tissue and Kraft paper can be used many times.

---