[pure-silver] Re: Paperdeveloper for roller transport machine

  • From: Martin Jangowski <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:28:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Snoopy wrote:

It does, I had a Printo for years before I got the Ilford monster (tm) and AGFA MCP paper is fine. I used the normal AGA MCP Developer but at higher concentration (1+4 if I recall correctly). Worked fine (I had it set to 28 Centigrade). So I reckon you should be fine with your normal mix. Bear in mind, that the paper only spends about 60-90 secoinds in each bath, so you should tweak your chemistry for that.

I'm really not sure about correct fixing and washing in this machines. The Printo I'll fetch on saturday has four modules and two different dryers (I was told one "normal" dryer and a special "Ciba" dryer, whatever this is). The seller used the thing for RA4.

He said, I could use one module for developer, one for fixer and two for washing. However, 2.5l washing water per module can't work very long? Is it possible to change the water permanently?

The upside is: having a machine (esp. in conjunction with the utterly fabulous Analysers made by RH Designs) really really increases your high quality output. The machine is always constant and once the print is in there you can expose the next one - so things really move. I love this, I can really get 30-40 good prints out in an hour.

You can really get a nice smooth workflow and just chuck out the prints.

This is exactly why I bought it. I like to make 15x22 or 20x20 proofs from my better negs using the RHD Zonemaster/Stopclock and finetuning the better pictures with more care. However, I get lots of requests from family and friends, and the RHD works more than good enough out of the box for such enlargements. The only thing I hate is the wet side.

Grüße aus Hohenlohe,

        Martin Jangowski

| Martin Jangowski                         E-Mail: Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx|
|                        Netzwerke und Multimedia                     |
| Voice: +49 7946/3723                           Fax: +49 7946/940791 |
| Snail Mail: Von-Olnhausen Str. 4            74626 Bretzfeld Germany |