[pure-silver] Re: OT Large Format Question

  • From: Sauerwald Mark <mark_sauerwald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 06:55:36 -0800 (PST)

Justin

I do this trick.  I cut the negatives in half, to make
long skinny negs (about 5" x 2"), and I then print
them with a glass neg carrier and a home made mask.  I
made the mask out of a sheet of 4x5 film, exposed to
daylight, then processed to result in a black sheet of
film.  This way, my mask thickness matches the
negative thickness.

FWIW, I do this masking trick for a bunch of formats
for which I don't have dedicated negative carriers -
for example 6x4.5 which I shoot occaisionally with a
holga :) - Hard to justify spending twice as much on a
negative carrier as you did for the camera!

Mark