[pure-silver] Re: Now that is a large format camera

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 12:46:24 -0800

I can't tell how large the negative is. Now, keep in mind that very large cameras were used for graphic arts purposes, up to perhaps a full broadsheet newspaper size. Usually, these were fixed with the back in the darkroom and the bellows extending on rails into the camera room. While dry plates were available for making halftones (called self screening plates) a variation of wet plate was used for decades for making half-tone plates. Lots of dangerous and poisonous stuff involved.

On 2/12/2017 11:59 AM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

On 02/12/2017 01:13 PM, Marvin wrote:
his must be the largest wet plate collision camera and portable darkroom ever
Except I don't think it actually exists.  What I saw was them begging
for donations to make this happen ...

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx