[pure-silver] Re: Nostalgia For 5 Papers

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 18:02:30 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "richard lahrson" <gtripspud@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 5:35 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Nostalgia For 5 Papers

Hi,

     I've got 50 single weight sheets of Velox F-3
4x5, expired Mar. 1, 1956.  The paper is fog free.
It seems true that slower papers and films age slower.
The box has just sat around.

                                                 Best, Rich

Velox was unique with its blue-black tone. Once available in double weight and surfaces other than F but that was very long ago. I think some of the old Agfa and Ansco papers were even better than the much vaunted Azo. Convira````````````` was a neutral tone contact paper with excellent tone quality. Its warm tone equivalent was Cykon. Kodak made a warm tone contact paper called Athena which was similar to Cycon. These papers had almost a brown color without toning. Convira was more or less the contact equivalent of Brovira and Cykon the equivalent to Indiatone.
  No one else made anything that looked like Velox.