[pure-silver] Re: Mystery Print Washer

  • From: "BOB KISS" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 16:17:38 -0400

DEAR ADRIENNE,
        I am guessing that it is a "holding bath" where you will group
together prints that you have produced over a period of time.  This allows
you to perform the rest of your process (2nd fix, toner and/or final wash)
on a larger batch of prints rather than one at a time.  It is claimed that
you should not just accumulate a large batch of prints sitting in fix laden
water which, it has been claimed, will adversely affect effective washing
and permanence.
        You might achieve the same effect by changing the water in the
holding bath every few prints so that there is effectively fresh water every
10 or 15 minutes which is, I bet, what that nice expensive ZONE VI washer
does.
        I get the impression that the $250 price tag is evidence supporting
the old adage that "a fool and their money are easily parted".
                CHEERS!
                        BOB