[pure-silver] Re: More testing

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:23:37 +0100

Selon Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>    For those who don't undersrtand why I bother with this I
> just downloaded some 20 legit messages and found 55 spam
> messages in the suspect folder. FWIW, I get something like
> 1500 spam messages every week which are automatically
> deleted by the spam blocker.
Hi Richard !
Your problem has no solution with the tools you've been forced to use.
The spam blocker you use is, as all things, not perfect.
May I suggest you use one of the options below ?
Try to use a Web mail client which permits you to select the messages you want
to read/retrieve and permit groups deletion ?
Or try to set your email client to download only the mail headers (if it is
something like Thunderbird, it can guess and learn to find SPAM. you just have
to give it a rule to force deletion of junk mail on the server, when found)
When you want to read a valid email, you will download it automatically.
When travelling I use the Webmail inerface my IPS offer, and found it usefull.
Now I use it because my DSL connection is down (DSL modem dead) ant it permits
to delete junk mail before it hits my computer. This is, BTW, good to resist
viruses and spywares... This way I only DL the usefull messages saving my time
and nerves.... I, too, get about 200 spams a day. And my mailbox is only 50 Mb
wide... So when I go away from home for a month, it becomes a sensible thing...