[pure-silver] Re: More testing

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <Laurence.Cuffe@xxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 02:37:52 +0000 (GMT)

>   This blocker has three settings: off, low, and high. When
> in low it blocks known spam (I am not quite sure how
> Earthlink determines that), in high it blocks all senders
> not in its address book. That's the setting I use.
>   I've not had any experience with third party spam
> blockers.
In the past when Richard has been looking for some specific information
which would not be of general interest, I've made the mistake of e-
mailing him directly. Its a total waste of time, as it never gets
through, kind of like shouting at the TV or an old relative who's
hearing has got to the point where the only way to have an intelligent
conversation is to just sit and listen, unless you want to yell at the
top of your lungs and let the whole room hear.
Now don't misinterpret this, I find Richard to be one of the most
useful source's of photographic and other technicaly arcane knowledge
I've encountered on the web, however I do find this sort of spam
blocker intensely irritating whenever I encounter it. Particularly when
the person using it is engaged in doing the e-mail equivalent of
yelling at themselves to see if they can still hear!

I would appreciate it if this comment was taken as a comment on the way
in which electronic media are modifying the modalities of interpersonal
communication.
It is not meant personally in any way.

All the best
Larry Cuffe