[pure-silver] Re: More testing

  • From: "John Black" <jblack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:25:31 -0500

> Actually, the trees used in making paper, are a planted and harvested
> crop, like wheat, broccoli, strawberries, and... Christmas trees. The
> trees are the best possible type for paper manufacturing. Paper is
> not made from our forests.

Actually Jim, I'm not sure that's always true.  Around here (East Tn) the
paper mills (Champion, or whatever they're calling themselves now and
Bowater) sometimes clear-cut many hundreds of acres of low quality native
forest using everything for the pulp mills.  In fairness, they also harvest
many acres of cultivated pines also.

JB