[pure-silver] Re: Modern Day Prejudice

  • From: "Dana H. Myers" <dana.myers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 10:22:03 -0700

Harry Lock wrote:

Apparently the minimum requirement is 48 megabytes and above. None of their digital SLR's can do this straight out of the camera. I am very quick to point out that a scan of a neg from my 1970's Hasselblad easily meets the requirement.

Even scans from my 1950s Minolta Autocord easily meet the requirement.
I admit I take pleasure in mentioning that I routinely shoot 80MP images
to digital-only friends and watching their draws drop.

Just the other day, I scanned some 10-year old 35mm APX25 negs and
was once again reminded how much I liked that film, even if the scans
were "only" 21MP (and not coming close to out-doing the film).

Dana