[pure-silver] Re: Making Mega Prints

  • From: Lloyd Erlick <lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:24:07 -0400

At 06:44 PM 9/11/2006 , Tim wrote:

Well, I always look close up, regardless of size. Don't you? ;-)

(and I always compare grain sharpness in all 4 corners - just habit I
suppose.)

Tim

http://www.worldoflithprinting.com

September 12, 2006, from Lloyd Erlick,

I've gotten myself into trouble comparing grain sharpness in all four
corners... or, at least, by talking about it! My pontifications on the
subject were most overweeningly disturbing to a gallery employee who took
it upon himself to hotly defend the technical prowess of whichever
photographer I had slurred. And me a conflict avoider ...

Of all people, it was Natalie I witnessed get into trouble looking up close
in a gallery. Lectured mercilessly by an officious official with a
flashlight. Breath can penetrate glass frames, you know. It was enough to
make a photographer print display versions to, umm, display, and fine art
versions to lock away in refrigerated drawers, next to the spare security
guards.

Anyway, it's just because of viewers like you that I use black backdrops!
At least two and often all four of my corners are solid black ...

regards,
--le
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.
website: www.heylloyd.com