[pure-silver] Law of demented returns....

  • From: "Stein" <rstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 17:00:02 +0800

Dear Friends,

     If you stand long enough at the counter of our local photo store you will
eventually be struck by a thought. Either to give up photography and start
building model aircraft, or to strangle the sales assistant until he stops
moving. Decisions, decisions.......

    This was sparked by the quest for a light bulb to fit out my Beseler colour
head - an 82volt 250watt model. The young man had never heard of such a thing -
the sample I supplied dumbfounded him. A search on the computer revealed that
there was one in stock and all it took was 15 minutes of waiting while he
discussed what to do with the other employee. I prevailed on him to go search
the stockroom or die on the spot and he took me at my word. 15 more minutes and
I had it - $ 35 of lightbulb.

    I asked him to order 3 more as spares. He seemed to agree - I'll go in next
week and see if it actually occurred. I plan to take a rope and a pistol.

Uncle Dick

PS: I gave up on the idea of the model airplanes - I've stood at the counter of
the local hobby shop and they use the SAME employment agency....