[pure-silver] Re: LIST RENAME REQUEST was: Sally Mann

At 8:16 AM -0500 3/28/07, Shannon Stoney wrote:
OK, back to the darkroom. I have switched back to Ilford paper and I'm noticing something I didn't notice before. When I write on the back of the paper with a pencil (exposure times, etc) it sometimes shows through on the other side, particularly in the dark areas. Why does this happen, and how do people avoid it?

I've always worried about print-through problems, so I just got in the habit of writing in pencil along the edge of the paper corresponding to the print border. And I never use Sharpie on FB paper, because I've never trusted that it wouldn't migrate through to the emulsion.

--

-tony

San Leandro, CA

http://www.shapesandshadows.com